Thursday, June 7, 2007

SWAT Call Out!

The night before last was amazing and I always have this gut feeling when something will explode at work because whenever I sit down at Main Channel it starts to get busy and then I always say why am I cursed at Main? I start work at 10pm and at 10:05 I look at my friend Luciana and tell her I have a bad feeling about Main tonight are you sure I can't work Fire channel, with a whine. She looks at me and says no I want to stay here. :) Well, around 11:45pm we get this call of possibly a domestic. Turns out an hour into the call my Seargents started to show up there and pretty soon I hear in my ear at 1:15am...D215..Call Out SWAT. I was freaking out because out of my year of dispatching I have never worked a Swat Call. We ended up being there for 6 hours. Although Luciana and I were supposed to switch channels at 2am I refused to get up because I wanted to work it. I typed every single word that came out of SWAT's mouth and when the gas deployment was in progress that was the highlight of the night. I had fun. I think I ran and took one bathroom break. haha. I think Luciana is a bit bitter towards me for not letting her work the Swat call but whatever, I was on Main first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey tarra, you never told me that story! you have a cool job! =) love, shelly